Whats up people? If you don't know me, get the heck off of my blog!

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Civics blog post #2

I read the article "Freed American arrives home from North Korea" that was showed on CNN. A man named Aijalon Mahli Gomes was rescued from North Korea by former president Jimmy Carter. Gomes was sentenced to 8 years of hard labor for crossing of the North Korean border illegally. Former president brought him home in a private jet the other day. Gomes` family's eyes welled with tears when he stepped off the jet.
How i feel about the article-
I am very happy that Gomes has returned. I was unfair that he was sentenced 8 years for crossing over illegally. It was very kind of Jimmy Carter to spend his time bringing him home. I'm glad that Gomes was reunited with his family. His family is happy to see him back i know i would be if he were in my family

1 comment:

  1. This was a very interesting story. While you were researching it, did you happen to find out why he crossed the border? That would have been a great fact to include.

    ReplyDelete